We believe in building equitable experiences for all across Simpplr events. We are dedicated to creating an environment that is diverse, inclusive, and free from any form of discrimination. At Simpplr, we've strengthened our cultural background by distilling our fundamental values into specific core behaviors for the global Cohesion events and community:
- Our community's mission is to make work meaningful: Create things that make everyone better. Question existing approaches. Challenge the status quo. Test better ideas. Change the industry. Win as a team, and make some lifelong friends.
- Our community is passionate and talented: It's ok to have a different opinion– discuss it! Be wrong. Say you don't know. Ask for help. Fail together. Reset together, Put other members first! Help each other succeed. Make an impact.
- Our community is inclusive and trusting: Be kind. Be helpful. Be empathetic. Edify and appreciate others.
Using these guiding behaviours as a base for our attendee experience at COHESION 2023, we've developed The Cohesion Code of Conduct that all must follow in attendance. This code of conduct should serve only as a base definition of acceptable and unacceptable behavior, with professionalism and empathy helping guide each attendee's behavior.
By registering for COHESION 2023, you must obey the following code of conduct during the entirety of the conference regardless of location, activity, or company:
Participants should communicate professionally and constructively, whether in person or virtually, and everyone is expected to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants. Alert event staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Wear your badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
Behaviors that are always unacceptable at Simpplr events and COHESION 2023, regardless of incident, may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination include any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks, or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or objectionable language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Violating COVID-19 health and safety protocols as communicated by the state, company, or venue
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, is provocative, inappropriate, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a particular manner.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site, or materials.
- Possessing any open can, bottle, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol or being intoxicated, as determined by Simpplr, in any event, venue, or function. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance. Simpplr does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
- Smoking is not permitted, other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, committing any unlawful act, or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Many event venues are shared with public members; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.
- Sharing your event badge with other individuals.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop inappropriate behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, and if applicable, involvement of local law enforcement.
How to report Unacceptable Behavior
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please contact your local authorities in North America dial 911 immediately.
Suppose you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying, or any other conduct that violates the Cohesion Code of Conduct. In that case, we encourage you to tell an event staff member or security personnel immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
Your concerns will be held as confidential as you would like them to be, and you may remain anonymous to the extent permitted by law and as long as the rights and safety of others are not compromised.
After event hours, if you see something suspicious or would like to report a security issue, remember to call local authorities or email our events team at [email protected] available 24/7.